Now-a-days most of the organizations use Social Media to build loyalty, communicate vital information, and increase engagement. Image plays a vital role for social media post. A social media post without image, it is like apple crumble without custard. But most of us don’t know the image size different social media requires. I was searching for a correct answer but can’t find one. So, I made one and sharing with you all.
In this blog I have included image sizes for Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Image Sizes for Facebook:
- Facebook recommends 1200 x 300 in 2020 update. But these proportion also works 1200 x 675, 1640 x 923, or 1920 x 1080
- Facebook Page cover Image size: 820 x 312 desktop & 640 x 360 mobile
- Facebook Group cover Image size: 1640 x 859 min
- Facebook Event cover Image size: 1200 x 675
- Facebook Profile Image size: displays 170 x 170
- Facebook Link preview Image size: min. 600 x 315
Image Sizes for Pinterest:
- In 2020 Pinterest recommends using large & high quality images like 1000 pixels.
- Pinterest Profile Image size: 180 x 180 or larger
- Maximum pin image width when clicked: 564
- Board cover image size: suggested min 340 x 340
- Minimum photo size that can be pinned: 100 x 200
Image Sizes for Instagram:
Instagram is mainly used for sharing photos. Its posts are no longer limited to square size.
- Instagram Profile Image size: 110 x 110 minimum
- Instagram Image size: minimum 1080 width for best quality
- Instagram landscape Image size: 1.91:1 proportion, or 1080 x 566
- Instagram portrait Image size: 4:5 proportion, or 1080 x 1350
Image Sizes for Twitter:
- Twitter recommends a static aspect ratio of 3:1
- Twitter Header Image size: 3:1 or 1500 x 500 pixels
- Twitter Profile Image size: 1:1 or 400 x 400 pixels
- Tweeted Photo size: 16:9 or 1200 x 675 pixels
- Twitter Card photo size: 1.91:1 or 1200 x 628 pixels
Multi-image tweet sizes
- For 2 photos, the photos will be side by side, both at 7:8 aspect ratios.
- For 3 photos, there will be one 7:8 aspect ratio image on the left, with two 4:7 aspect ratio images running up the right side of the image.
- For 4 images, there will be four 2:1 aspect ratio images in a grid.
Image Sizes for LinkedIn:
- The exact proportion for LinkedIn is 4:1 which 1584 wide by 396 high.
- File size 8 MB max and file type must be JPEG, PNG, or GIF.
- LinkedIn profile cover image 1584 wide by 396 high. This is exactly 4:1 proportion.
- LinkedIn profile Image size: Per LI, upload any size between 400 x 400 pixels and 20,000 x 20,000 Pixel.
- LinkedIn Image share: 1200 x 1200
- LinkedIn Company cover Image size: 1536 x 768 px².
- LinkedIn logo ratio: 300 x 300 square.
Image Sizes for YouTube:
- YouTube Channel Art image size: 2560 x 1440
- Video Thumbnail size: 1280 x 720
- Channel icon size: 800 x 800
For Social Media image size is really important. Now we all can say that “Size does Matter”
Hope you find this blog helpful. Leave a comment about your image related experience. Let us know if any changes needed in our info. It will be updated as soon as possible.