Content is a broad term. In general, content is the information and experiences that are directed towards an end-user or audience. According to Wikipedia, content is "something that is to be expressed through some medium, as speech, writing or any of various arts".
In marketing content can be Videos, Blog posts, Infographics, Podcasts etc. Here we will talk about the Text-based content.
The Text-based content is also divided into many categories such as:
- Web content writing
- Technical Writing
- Creative Writing
- Research Writing
- Scientific Writing
- Travel Writing
- Medical Writing
- Review Writing
- Web Copywriting
- Copy Editing
General Text Content Writing Rules:
Every Text content writer should follow these rules-
- Online content requires simplicity
- Have to be conversational
- Jargon & complexity should be avoided
- Must have a personal touch
- Should have appropriate & relevant information
- Should write for the target audience and not for the search engines
- Use of Keywords should be monitored
- Content have to be like a poetry, spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings
Researching content, developing it, then writing a new content or rewriting/editing the existing content that is appropriate for the interactive media and adds values to its reader is the basic work of a content writer.
Content Marketing Strategy:
Content marketing involves creating, publishing, and distributing content material for a targeted audience online. It does not explicitly promote a brand but is intended to stimulate interest in its products or services.
The content we need is the Content that is valuable, relevant and consistent.
A defined audience & clear purpose is necessary for writing great content.
1. Know your Target Market
- Collect your data and analyze it
- Create your target market
- Plan your content themes
2. Fix your Goals
- Measurable (KPIs)
3. Make an Inventory List of Existing Contents
4. Get to Decide on Your Format
- For Brand Awareness: Social Media Posts, Blog Posts and Articles, Infographics, Videos etc.
- For Lead Generation: Ebooks, Case Studies, Templates, Webinars, Podcast etc.
Then decide on your publishing channels.
- Social Networks
- Email Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Content Syndication
- Guest Blogging/Content Swap
- Promotion through ads and PR/Influencers
5. Document it all as Project Management
- Visual Content and Workflow Diagramming
- Notes and List-Keeping
6. Be Cautious before Promote
- Avoid duplicate content issues
- Be sure your content is optimized for mobile
- Prioritize using a Content Calendar
- Don't forget about SEO
7. Don’t Forget to Measure your Landings
Content That Sales:
The content we need is the Content that is valuable, relevant and consistent. Need a clearly defined audience, a clear purpose for writing content.
Remember, Valuable content always-
- Informs the audience
- Solves their problem
- It entertains them
A valuable content should follow-
- Bucket Brigade
- Benefit Driven Sub-Headings
What is Bucket Brigade?
Bucket Brigades are an old school copy-writing tactic that were originally designed to keep people reading sales letters.
Some Bucket Brigade Examples:
- Here's the deal
- But there's a catch
- What's the real story?
- But here’s the kicker:
- How can you actually use this?
- The best part?
- Why does this matter?
- That's not all
- Want to know the best part?
- What’s the bottom line?
- You might be wondering:
- This is crazy:
- It gets better/worse:
What is Benefit-Driven Subheadings?
It means giving the reader an assurance of problem solving in your subheadings.
Use words like-
Today, Right now, Fast, Works quickly, Step-by-step, Easy, Quick, Simple etc.
These also work as Attracting Key words. Also use LSI keywords for your content.
What is APP Formula?
APP stands for- Agree, Promise, & Preview.
You should agree to the problem of the user; you should promise a solution for that problem; you should guide the user through the solution & give him/her a whole preview at the end of the article.
How to Improve Your Content?
Your content subject should always follow these steps to increase the content value.
A good habit to improve your content is to go through it as a reader and ask yourself the following questions.
1. What is unique in your content?
2. Is the information provided relevant to your niche?
3. Are you offering unbiased opinions on topics or just following blogging gurus?
4. Is your content essential for your readers?
5. What does a reader lose if he unsubscribes to your content today?
You will only get a satisfactory answer of these questions if you build your content around the APP model.
Text content is a valuable part of online marketing. Focusing on content marketing means a lot for a business. Following our Proven Content Marketing Strategy Checklist will definitely made a positive impact on your business.